Another Indian Breakfast made less than 15 mins, it really nutritious and tasty dish called Poha served as breakfast or brunch. This is made with flattened rice, to get the extra spice it is served with mint chutney as a side. My taste is little weird when comes to poha, I like it with chilled rose milk ;)

Ingredients:
Flattened rice - 1 cup
Onion chopped - 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 1tsp
Channa dal - 1tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Peanuts - 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic Paste - 1tsp
Green Chillies - 2
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp

Preparation:
Add water in flatted rice for exactly 1 min and drain them completely, keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add cumin, mustard, green chillies, channa dal, peanuts, ginger garlic paste.
Add the onions, fry till golden brown.
Mix turmeric powder, salt and Lemon juice.
Add salt.
Mix the flattened rice and gently mix well to blend all ingredients.
Garnish with chopped coriander.

Comments (4)

On March 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM , Rowena said...

This is the first time I've heard of or seen flattened rice. I take it that rice is already cooked, but flattened like how corn flakes (the cereal) are? The recipe reads deliciously (love peanuts, ginger and garlic). Maybe I can try this with just plain boiled white risotto rice. Oh, and chilled rose milk sounds divine!!!!

 
On March 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM , Ann said...

Yes, your are right about the flattened rice. I'm sure Risotta will be a good option, I used it once in jambalaya. I like its creamy texture too ;)

 
On March 27, 2009 at 10:30 AM , Vikis Kitchen said...

Poha recipe seems delicious. nice pics.

 
On March 28, 2009 at 9:42 PM , Madhu's cooking gallery said...

Nice pic! looks yummy!

Thanks for visiting my blog and comments about appam. I did not add baking soda. I just left it overnight in the oven to ferment.