Pic - House of W.Shakespeare
My favorite English poets are William Shakespeare and Wordsworth. I absolutely adore all their work, specially the one about Daffodils and Fairy Land. In my school days, I never missed a English class particularly the poem class. My English teacher had an unique style of narrating poems by using different magical vocabulary which will take us to the imaginary world of arts and literature. That's where my thirst to visit UK begins.
- a stanza from Daffodils
"I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."
huh! Finally I satisfied my thirst by making couple of weeks trip to UK - Stratford upon Avon. Which is a birth place of W.Shakespeare. I always expected it to be very greenish and wealthy, having all the mountains and valleys covered with baby green grass and cute little sheeps. It certainly din't fail to meet my expectations. William Shakespeare house is now used as a museum and they still have most of the house hold items used by the poet in display. I was quite obsessed with the elegance of this place, it has very narrow roads, old buildings and churches which now stands as a historic monuments. I would be at fault, If I miss to comment on the weather which was so graceful in drizzling and making the baby green grass to shine in the sun rays.

From Startford upon avon I travelled to small town called 'Llangollen' in east wales for the famous canal-barge ride. I got a chance to experience the english breakfast with a cream tea( it includes milk, tea, scones, clotted cream and jam). while having the glorious scenic ride in the canal, I was very curious about the sheeps which had a different number written on them in different colors, I asked the lady incharge of the barge.
Me: Are they(Sheeps) only for wool?
She replied (with her english accent) : No, it's all for Meat!
yeah, it's sad to hear that.
Well, my journey moved from Llangollen to Scotland- Edinburgh. After spending some time in a very calm country side of wales, Edinburgh epitomizes posh and liveliness. The famous castle in Edinburgh looks so fantastic and the overall city glitters in the night. Still, I have a lot to talk about my experience, but I prefer to keep it in my memories :) To the whole my journey to the land of poets were fabulous!

Comments (2)

On September 17, 2008 at 1:58 PM , Anonymous said...

Reading through your article was more poetic than actually seeing those places.... well written, keep up the good writing work !! looking fwd to read more from ya..

 
On September 8, 2021 at 1:52 AM , Kimberly Thomas said...

Myles was a 20 year-old man who was brought to the emergency room by the campus police of the college from which he had been suspended several months ago. A professor had called and reported that Myles had walked into his classroom, accused him of taking his tuition money and refused to leave. I was as shocked as a father, Although Myles had much academic success as a teenager, his behavior had become increasingly odd during the past year. He quit seeing his friends and no longer seemed to care about his appearance or social pursuits. He began wearing the same clothes each day and seldom bathed. He lived with several family members but rarely spoke to any of them. When he did talk to them, he said he had found clues that his college was just a front for an organized crime operation. He had been suspended from college because of missing many classes. His sister said that she had often seen him mumbling quietly to himself and at times he seemed to be talking to people who were not there. He would emerge from his room and ask his family to be quiet even when they were not making any noise.I could not stand the shame of my son illness so I decide to consult some of my africa friends at work , and then Tasha introduced me to Dr. Itua who uses her herbal medicines to cure her Hiv and Prostate Cancer after the herbal medicine consumption. I place an order for my son and he hands it to my post office, then I pick it up and use it for three weeks. My son 's treatment was done and he is now doing good and behaving normally like a human being is supposed to. is completely healed. I tell you honestly that this man is a great man, I trust him Herbal medicine so much that I share this to show my gratitude and also to let sick people know that there is hope with Dr. Itua. Herbal Center.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp+2348149277967. He cures, Herpes, Prostate, Breast Cancer, Brain Cancer, CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT, Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases Hepatitis,Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia, Tach Disease, Shingles, Lung Cancer, Leukemia Lymphoma, Lung Cancer, Mesothelioma Asbestos, Ovarian Cervical Uterine Cancer, Skin Cancer, Brain Tumor, H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5. HIV,Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity, Cervical Cancer, Colo-rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, SYPHILIS, Diabetes, Liver / Inflammatory kidney, Epilepsy.