Finally!!!! Made a veggie pizza from scratch, which was due in my must-try items for almost a year now! It really turned out good(meaning of my good is not the same as you know). I loved the thin crust, no intention of making  it thin, but it just happened to be a thin crust!  and the flavors of  the herbs like basil, oregano, garlic was giving me a satisfaction it smells like pizza. In addition to prove I'm an amateur pizza baker, I have added a tsp of chat masala on top of crust before adding the mozzarella cheese.  

Added decent amount of veggies like color peppers, onion and spinach. After all this! I was generous to leave some pizza on my plate, My intuition was telling me not to take risk alone...you know?!

If at all anyone courageous enough to try my version of pizza, I'm so honored! and please follow the recipe  very strictly :)

Ingredients:
            All purpose flour 51/2 oz
            Warm Water 1/2 cup
            Dry yeast- 1tsp
            Salt 1tsp, Olive oil tbsp

For toppings:
           Tomato paste 2 tbsp
           Chat masala 1tsp
           Chopped veggies 1/2 cup
           Mozzarella cheese 4 oz

Preparation:
Mix the dry yeast in the warm water.
Mix the salt and flour together, add the warm water in to the dough and knead well using mixer or hand. add a tbsp of olive oil and mix well. 
Allow to rise for 3 hours in a clean bowl covered with a kitchen towel. It rises about double the size.
Put the dough on the working surface, use little flour to avoid sticking, roll it and place it over the baking sheet.
Shape the outer layer of the pizza dough.

                                  Now, The Battle Begins !!  
Heat your oven to 475F and bake your pizza dough for exactly 11 mins, baking more, will burn the crust. Take it out and don't remove the crust from the baking sheet. Spread the tomato paste, add the chat masala, mozzarella cheese and layer your veggies on top of it. Bake  it again for not more than 9 mins in 475F. Remove the pizza from oven and .... Please let me know how it turned out for you.

Hint: Adding the topping and baking the crust at one shot will make the crust little soggy.

Comments (36)

On April 13, 2010 at 1:46 PM , Justin said...

i don't know if i'm brave enough to try chat masala on my pizza

 
On April 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM , Ann said...

ha ha ha.. Justin: Im sure you have a great recipe which I would love to try it next time :)

 
On April 13, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Pam said...

MMMM. Now I am craving pizza - yours looks great.

 
On April 13, 2010 at 2:26 PM , Parita said...

I know how you feel, the feeling of making pizza at home and especially when it comes out so good is out of this world ..right?

 
On April 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM , Cool Lassi(e) said...

Pizza looks fabulous! I will bookmark it for future try-outs.

 
On April 13, 2010 at 2:42 PM , Panchpakwan said...

Pizza with chat masala sounds very intersting... Looks yummy too.
must try !

 
On April 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM , sree said...

pizza looks delicious....never tried it out from scratch.....i'll surely add it to my to-do list....:)

 
On April 13, 2010 at 3:32 PM , Priya Suresh said...

Super delicious pizza, am drooling rite now here.

 
On April 13, 2010 at 3:41 PM , Unknown said...

I would give it a try..It looks really yummy!

 
On April 13, 2010 at 4:49 PM , MaryMoh said...

Looks delicious especially with your homemade pizza base.

 
On April 13, 2010 at 7:03 PM , chakhlere said...

Lovely pizza!!!

Crust looks very yummy and crispy.

 
On April 13, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Pedhakka said...

Lovely clicks Ann

 
On April 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM , Nicole said...

One of my most favorite things to eat is homemade pizza. It is so delicious and I love how you can put whatever you want on it! Lovely pictures!

 
On April 13, 2010 at 10:16 PM , ann low said...

WOW! This looks beautiful and healthy!

 
On April 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Stella said...

This pizza looks great, Ann. I love pizza lately, which is weird for me. Never did before. I might try your crust soon-been meaning to try new crusts, so...

 
On April 13, 2010 at 11:19 PM , Pavithra Elangovan said...

Looks beautiful and gorgeous... yummy yummy... wish to have a slice. I am craving to have pizza now.

 
On April 14, 2010 at 12:07 AM , Tina said...

Looks delicious and great...

 
On April 14, 2010 at 12:11 AM , PranisKitchen said...

yummy pizza..adding chat masala nice idea..indian flavoured pizza ..

 
On April 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM , GEETHA ACHAL said...

உங்களுடைய ப்ளாக் மிகவும் நன்றாக இருக்கின்றது...என்னுடைய ப்ளாக பக்கம் வந்தமைக்கு நன்றிகள்...

 
On April 14, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Suparna said...

hey Ann,
I loved the new look of ur bolg :)
and the pizza too looks great...the addition of chaat masala has totally Indianised the taste right ?lol
Good one

 
On April 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Pavithra Srihari said...

Need seriously lots of skills to make a pizza likes this from scratch. Damn good da.. I am drooling over here.

Thanks for dropping in and leaving your lovely comments .

 
On April 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Anonymous said...

A delicious pizza! I love the veggie topping!

 
On April 14, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Muneeba said...

Congrats on this successful recipe! Making pizza from scratch is on my to-do list as well ... but am a little scared of baking bread, dunno why!

 
On April 14, 2010 at 11:31 AM , Gita Jaishankar said...

Pizza looks so good Ann...topping look so colorful and superb overall :)

 
On April 14, 2010 at 11:32 AM , Mary Bergfeld said...

What a gorgeous pie! I've never made one with chat masala, but there is always a first time. I love to visit here. You help me extend my culinary wings and try new things. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

 
On April 14, 2010 at 3:32 PM , San said...

Finally you would have felt outta the world,classic pizza.Can it be home delivered? I appreciate your efforts Ann.

 
On April 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM , Mimi said...

Fabulous and fresh looking pizza. Homemade pizza is the best.
Mimi

 
On April 15, 2010 at 11:43 AM , shahana said...

Looks so perfect and tempting!

 
On April 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM , Juliana said...

Wow, great looking pizza, with all the veggies on it, who needs meat? Looks absolutely gorgeous!

 
On April 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM , Tina said...

Tempting pizzaaaaaa...

 
On April 16, 2010 at 8:10 AM , Priya dharshini said...

Pizza luks fab ,ann...chat masala in pizza is superb idea

 
On April 16, 2010 at 11:39 PM , Namitha said...

Awesome..home made is the best and nowadays my family doesn't like the restaurant pizza :D

 
On April 19, 2010 at 4:50 AM , Sushma Mallya said...

Pizza looks too good, very yum

 
On April 20, 2010 at 5:13 AM , Padhu Sankar said...

Pizza looks so tempting. I feel like having it now after seeing your pics

 
On April 21, 2010 at 5:03 AM , Sandhya Hariharan said...

Hi Ann...
First time here....
You have a lovely space dear... Wow... and what variety....

I tried making pizza at home a couple of weeks back. .taste ..perfect.. the base was a little extra thick.. Need to work on it to get it right next time..

Do sneak a peek in my blog whn time permits.

 
On April 21, 2010 at 7:41 AM , Linda said...

Ann, thanks for visiting my blog--now I have discovered yours! Your photography is beautiful, and your pizza is both colorful and delicious looking!